the Cool software and Websites thread..

Anything Goes

Postby robot » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Firefox 3's release is planned for Tuesday, June 17.
robot

Postby vessel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:53 am

robot wrote:Firefox 3's release is planned for Tuesday, June 17.

Cool.
vessel

Postby nattiep » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:26 am

Er.. wait...
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:31 am

If you're running AdBlock, how are you offered the oppertunity to take the "Miley Quiz"?
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby nattiep » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:33 am

My fav is this plain ass one.
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby Extreme Allah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:37 am

nattiep wrote:My fav is this plain ass one.

There was one for a while called Gay Thug Dating or something. That one was unbeatable.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby nattiep » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:40 am

ROFL! Never seen this one til a min ago.
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby nattiep » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:41 am

Wonder that sounds like. Crying?
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby nattiep » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 pm

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:Hey nattie.. do you want to see an old Chris Martin interview? I just ran across this..

http://www.charlierose.com/search?q=chr ... Type=guest

This is the Charlie Rose show site.. they have all Rose's old interviews it's pretty sweet.

Sweet! Thanks. It's a little slow so far, and now they're taking about trade(*sigh*) but it's not bad. :D
MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
nattiep

Postby buttsie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:20 am

omgzrachel wrote:....I love ad block plus.

I'm not really impressed with Firefox3 so far. idk. I'll get used to it. Change makes me uncomfortable.

I'm sure I'd enjoy its benefits to if I could get the add on programs to download without telling me they cant verify their own programs WTF :roll:

Having used firefox 3 for an hour its certainly better than its predeccessor
and it shits all over IE.

Blocking ads & flash should be in the browser not an addon given the emergence of new spam/ads/flash on picture site hosters.Almost getting as back as pop-up hell in the early 2000s
buttsie

Postby robot » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:53 am

It took me a little while to get used to the new address bar in FF3, but I think I'm okay with it now.

It'd be nice to have some better looking themes for it. I went looking and all the ones I thought were nice looking are incompatible. Booo.
robot

Postby buttsie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 am

Extreme Allah wrote:If you're running AdBlock, how are you offered the oppertunity to take the "Miley Quiz"?

I figure husky voice has had a 30 a day habit for quite a while :wink:
buttsie

Postby buttsie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:39 am

omgzrachel wrote:I'm still waiting for my old ad-ons and themes to upgrade. :(

For some reason, it took me forever to get flash player to work when I first dled Firefox 3. And it wouldn't let me open the file, I had to save it to the stupid desktop. w/e!

From what i've read on mozillas forum uninstalling ff2 is the way to go

No guarantees though given the raft of bugs being found,still being found
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_ins ... _-_Firefox
buttsie

Postby Snarl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 am

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:Does anyone know of a good free DVD ripper?

Was my post from a couple of month back of so little use? :(

Ever heard of the Command Prompt?

This is how it looks like.
(Note: You can see the dude navigating across folders, from folder "Administrator" through "Documents and Settings" up to "C:" and then into "USB-PTS" and "FS" (in one step) with the help of the internal CD (Change Directory) command)

The Command Prompt is where you can enter and run commands. External commands (programs) like:

mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device d: -ovc copy -oac copy -o movie_title.avi

Pushing <Ctrl> and <C> simultaneously (in the Command Prompt's window!) or primitively closing the Command Prompt's window stops the program.

Rips the entire movie. Menus, featurettes, etc. are discarded since those are stored in different "DVD titles". (Title 1 is not always the movie. On my Closer DVD, for instance, the actual movie was held in title 4, which means "dvd://4" had to be given as parameter instead of "dvd://1".)

omgzrachel wrote:I just cap frame by frame. :(

Jesus Christ... Does that work against boredom?

Leon is a moving picture with 16:9 aspect ratio. In order to keep this ratio during encoding, you have to calculate the x and y values of the desired resolution. Say, you want images with 1024 pixels on the x-axis, then y will be:
1024/y=16/9
y=(1024*9)/16
y=576

mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device d: -vf scale=1024:576 -zoom -vo jpeg -ss 1:0:0

Pushing <Q> or <Ctrl>+<C> (in the Command Prompt's window!) or primitively closing the Command Prompt's window stops the program.

Automatically captures every frame of the film starting from 1 hour 0 min 0 sec to jpeg-files (1024x576 pixels).

:\
There's only one thing eternal: change.
Snarl

Postby buttsie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:36 am

Beware of Freeware AVG anti-virus 8 or any security software that scans links to see if their safe

http://www.searched-designed-developed. ... ic-jam-38/

If any of you have updated to the new AVG 8 Edition of this free Anti-Virus programme you may notice a new feature called "LinkScanner" what this basically does is if you search for something in say google it flags all the results to make sure that they are safe to visit and don't have a virus or anything else nasty, unfortunately this feature has major drawbacks, so make sure you disable it, read more here:

take note of this part especially:

"Buffy wrote:
So, let me see if I've got this right... Every dodgy website that LinkScanner visits will have your IP address in their usage logs. You will be identified as a legitimate visitor. Traffic from that site to your PC will be traceable via your ISP. If that site is currently under police investigation you can, potentially, expect a knock at your door any time soon. Your defence that it was LinkScanner that visited the site and not you is indefensible in court as LinkScanner traffic is deliberately indistinguishable from a human visitor. Now how comfortable do AVG customers feel having this software installed ? I was recently thinking of switching to AVG. I've changed my mind. Not only because the effects of this software are clearly ill-thought-out, but because of the apparent indifference of AVG to the legitimate concerns of their own customers and web site owners, big and small."
buttsie

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic