Politiks

Anything Goes

Re: Politiks

Postby Dazza » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 pm

The fat dude, Christie, clearly has that in mind. It's a smart move and he seems a cut above the current league of morons.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby buttsie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Herman Cain looks like your typical self made man with a good work ethic
but a moron with money in power,god help anyone who thinks hes got the right stuff

Godfathers pizza

Their jingle "Imagine theirs no pizza" set to John Lennons Imagine

Herman Cain Embarrasses Himself Over Libya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vr7QLp3Uhc
buttsie

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:06 am

Perry is my man. I want to root for the hilarious black man vs. the dignified black man, because it's the fight America really wants to see. But there is some part of me that is so old school...I just can't get enough Perry. I picture church cunts fantasize about his ghoulish plastic face while their husbands dispassionately plow away at their birthday fuck, manipulating what's left of their tattered sexuality into just the slightest rush, by calling on the sort of self-hate and humiliation of submitting to a Christian Conservative whose intent is to legislate their snatches into industrial baby shoots...this country needs him inside us.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby buttsie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 am

I think this video is very apt 30 years on

American Election Candidate (Rowan Atkinson -Not The Nine O'Clock News / Mr Bean) 1980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfuN9HRDVZY
buttsie

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 am

I can't wait 'til the male birth control pill hit the shelves, so I can go back to voting Republican.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 am

All I want to know is, from the recent debates, what's each candidate's stance on outsourcing? And what do Americans in general feel about it?

Outsourcing is the lifeblood of the Philippines, so if the government passes an anti-outsourcing law, then were screwed. Well not entirely because there are other countries, but it will have an impact on our BPO industry and there's India. They got more talent than we do. The jobs are in demand here but only a few can fill in the vacant seats.

I sound like an adult all of a sudden, must be Monday.
quick_wit

Postby Snarl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 am

I've seen the SNL segments parodizing Clinton vs Trump and it was bothering me. Alec Baldwin's Trump was always the funnier side -- psychologically people tend to side with the "funny guy" or "the underdog" -- and Kate McKinnon's Hillary was almost constantly celebrating her presumed victory as a done deal while the presumption was largely based on Trump's decade-old, male chauvinist, piggish comments on women (which was an overhyped minor issue, really). It's simply off-putting if you underestimate your oponent so bad and write them down as the loser before the race is over. It is "To have a drink on the bear's fur in advance." -- an adequate saying in my language. Even Obama did so when he openly declared HIllary as "The next president of the US" way ahead of its time. Why oh why? This is only munition that you hand over to the opposing side.

By the way, many well-known and intelligent compatriots of mine, who consider themselves democrats, deluded themselves with this disturbing false relief that "Clinton will win it for sure", so I must say that this failure may lie in the liberal/democratic way of thinking -- thinking that their progressive political views are just superior to that of the "misogynist", "rassist", "fascist", whatnot people (who are in a sense indeed stuck in a previous century), and therefore it is enough to lean back, laugh at their often repulsive conservative views, do everything by the numbers and as a result come out on top automatically.

It's just wrong.

I personally blame the overdone Political Correctness (which Obama is likely going to become the symbol of). It became so absurdly overdone that it made progressive people blind. You can't do always everything by the numbers. In dangerous situations it is too slow and in a paradox way it often side-steps moral issues (not to mention, some go as far as saying "Morality is fake"...) Sometimes you have to cross the line, do things a bit differently -- not too brutal -- that may seem injustice to a set of people at the time, but later even they will realize that it had to be done. Now, I don't claim that I followed this presidential campaign that close, but apparently Trump may have promised exactly that. Clinton promised some sort of continuation which -- in the sight of growing instability both within the US and around the world -- was not enough to convince the majority of Americans.

By the way, I consider myself a democrat too, just not that much liberal but rather further to the left. I would have liked to see Clinton become President more because she showed interest in teaching my own country's most corrupt, immoral and (in a modern, 21st century way) fascist regime and its asshole leader a lesson for being Putin's Troyan Horse within the EU (pseudo-democracy/hidden dictatorship). Sadly Trump's views are in many ways aligned with our Pocket Napoleon's own views. I doubt that Trump is a fascist though. He may be a closet rassist -- like many (if not most) (uneducated or not) people of this Earth are -- but before all he is struggling with a God-complex which is typically a case with dirty-rich people. Hopefully, that sickness of him will let up once he realizes that leading a country is much more difficult than running a business.

So, imo Rachel & Co. should not panic yet.
There's only one thing eternal: change.
Snarl

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Anybody who didn't see this coming or is surprised by the results (people living in the liberal bubbles of the coasts and the northeast, non-citizens, etc.) is a fool who either wasn't paying attention to the fear, anger and racism boiling over in the South and the Heartland, or just simply doesn't know U.S. history. The only polls that mattered were the ones last night. Liberal America and the rest of the world underestimated the power of stupid people in large groups, and they came out in record numbers. It's interesting how everyone who thought Hillary would def win the election live in blue states while gaslighting or dismissing the fears of the rest of us in red states. I see a lot of handwringing and cries of "how could this happen?!" from people outside of battleground states but every reaction from fellow Southerners has been "disappointed but not surprised." It was absolutely horrifying to watch last night and I have choked back a lot of tears, but it was absolutely not unexpected. Shame on you, America. Especially on the the people who didn't vote because they didn't think they had to and the people who think this is a joke (11,000 votes for Harambe). It wasn't a fucking game and now people's lives--including my own--are going to be negatively impacted.
Rachel

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:19 am

I too saw this coming. As a student of history, white peoples who sqandered their privilege and opportunity are always the angriest and most mobilized in and society, from colonial Hati to modern America, and the republicans have desperately done all they could to empower them for a decade.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 am

I find a lot of this funny, like dark comedy.

The Philippine masses have this colonial mentality that anything America is great, now the country has proven that it can be as stupid as they are. I bet they wouldn't even notice. They elected Duterte.
quick_wit

Postby thevoid99 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:09 pm

I guess that movie Idiocracy just predicted exactly what the world will become as we're getting stupider every day. Next thing you know, we'll be eating BIG ASS FRIES!!!! at Buttfucker's while we'll be drinking Brawndo because it's got electrolites.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby Snarl » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:31 am

What's happening in the U.S. right now was already completed in Hungary in 2010-11, so we have a 6 years head start in this kind of shit.

Obviously it's small-scale in comparison, because we're no super-power, have no impact on other nations lives whatsoever, thus nobody cares if a self-proclaimed "guru" steals the national wealth stashing his own and his bootlickers' pockets. He can be the cock of the dunghill for all the world cares, it's our problem.

But it will be interesting to see how a much older ~democracy~ can cope with the rise of such tyranny.

Btw, according to my experience, this is the main difference between the left-leaning and the right-leaning voter (not sure if these characteristics apply to other nations as well):

Leftist:
"My chosen leaders lied to me. The government let me down. They have proven to be weak. They screwed it up. I've got to punish them. But the alternatives are rotten too, even more so. What shall I do? I won't vote. I would not make a difference anyway..."

Rightist:
"What if MY MASTER lied? What if he's corrupt? The left did 1000 times more so! Morality is fake anyway. Besides he's letting ME and MY FAMILY have our fair share of the plunder! And WE DESERVE it! Therefore he's got my vote! HA! Communist scum, shut up and suck it!"
There's only one thing eternal: change.
Snarl

Previous

Return to Off-Topic