Politiks

Anything Goes

Politiks

Postby Apathy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:14 am

Dazza suggested one...

First post:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2iFhGtKO-Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2iFhGtKO-Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Is this Mofo serious?
Apathy

Postby Huc » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:04 am

Considering that the highest point of his life/career was 911, it has been continuously mentioned that Rudy would push that angle. Of course, he is a slimeball and personally don't like him due to his personal life being a mess(cheating on wife, his right hand man Kirik was no better). His policies were ok during first few years as mayor of NYC, but that's just about it.

Tonight he finished 6th in the Iowa caucus (out of 7). Although we cannot tell the future, I won't be surprised if the trend sticks.
Huc

Postby Dazza » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:10 pm

I don't really like a lot of his politics but McCain seems like a really good guy and after 8 years of Bush that half assed endorsement doesn't sound all that bad.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby maverick88 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:36 pm

omgzrachel wrote:Not one of the Republican nominees look good to me, except maybe Ron Paul, but he a slew of his own problems.

Me either, except for maybe John McCain, he's ahead in the polls in New Hampshire at the moment but if he doesn't do well he'll probably drop out before the Wisconsin primary (middle of Feb.) like last time in 2000. I'm planning to vote for either Obama or Hillary.
Last edited by maverick88 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maverick88

Postby Dazza » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Hillary would be a step up (well you are on the bottom rung of the ladder after all) but she's so calculating and fake, even by presidential candidate standards.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby maverick88 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:01 pm

omgzrachel wrote:But if Clinton gets it, eh... I'll probably write in Stephen Colbert or something on the ballot. Something about her seriously gets under my skin. I guess it depends who she chooses as VP.

More than likely I'll be voting Democrat no matter who gets the nomination.
maverick88

Postby paigeguthrie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:13 pm

The thought of electing Barack Obama concerns me only because he's a first time Senator. It's good to hear that Senator Clinton didn't win the caucus. I'm sorry to say that because I think that I'd probably like Hillary Clinton on a personal level. The thought of sweeping social services concerns me. One reason being that even with middle class tax-breaks, I worry what that would mean four or eight years from now when we'll eventually have Republican executive and administrative branches. Where is the tax burden placed then? And it good to think, "Let's not elect people who would place the tax burden on the middle class."

I think it better to create opportunities as opposed to dependance on government subsidy. Unfortunately, a lot of those opportunities aren't available any longer. I don't know that they ever will be. Ask people living in Detroit or even in the town where I grew up. There used to be jobs available to people where they earned a living wage, middle class income and could also find advancement and benefits straight out of high school. Working at John Deere, for example. And where have those jobs gone? I feel upset when I think of it.

While I also believe that to not have those opportunities available places an extra importance on a college education, even if everyone went to collage, wouldn't there still be a bell curve? Maybe people could go to medical school, although are there are a lot of Doctors who are in the upper middle tax bracket that could eventually end up, in a sense paying taxes so people can visit the doctor. Beyond that, there are programs already available for people who require medical assistance.

I think the concept of universal health care is fantastic, unfortunately unlike certain European countries who use the nation's natural recourses to pay for the programs, here in the United States, it's the middle class and taxpayers in general who end up paying for that. Even if someone's given a tax-break, if their taxes have been raised, then they're still paying more taxes. It's like some sort of shell game.

Jobs have been moved out of the country and many of the jobs that are created exist in corporate farming and box stores, some with executives who've basically indicated they'd like employees to find government subsidies. It's like the creation of a corporate welfare state. Maybe automobiles are less expensive if most of those are partially manufactured outside the states, but do we really need more cars on road? Of course I believe that's the individuals decision. Unfortunately it also seems like this place becoming like a giant gas chamber.
paigeguthrie

Postby Sydanman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:46 pm

omgzrachel wrote:If Obama gets it, I'll slap bumper stickers on my car and drive through all of the Bush neighborhoods and probably get my car keyed by some crazy old lady at Target. But if Clinton gets it, eh... I'll probably write in Stephen Colbert or something on the ballot. Something about her seriously gets under my skin. I guess it depends who she chooses as VP.

Vices have some sort meaning too, but I just hope that the States get a real wise President. I'm confident about it'll happen.
Sydanman

Postby JenR » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:14 pm

omgzrachel wrote:If Obama gets it, I'll slap bumper stickers on my car and drive through all of the Bush neighborhoods and probably get my car keyed by some crazy old lady at Target. But if Clinton gets it, eh... I'll probably write in Stephen Colbert or something on the ballot. Something about her seriously gets under my skin. I guess it depends who she chooses as VP.

hey hey hey. dont talk like about about us Bush people.
JenR

Postby Pumpkin405 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:16 pm

You're a Bush supporter?
deviantART | Last.fm | MySpace

Everything you can imagine is real.
Pumpkin405

Postby Shantih » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 pm

I fear Ron Paul just a little bit.

I say only a little bit because I have some faith in the american people not to elect a man who's slogan is "Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy."

I'm generally leaning towards Obama. It must be very nice for you all to live in a country where there's actually some tangible different between political parties, unlike over here where I don't even bother voting because everyone's spouting the same diluted tripe. I nearly went Lib Dem once but realised they supported smoking. My lungs wouldn't let me place that vote.
Shantih

I HATE CONGRESS

Postby JenR » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Pumpkin405 wrote:You're a Bush supporter?
omgzrachel wrote:I'm surprised, too. I thought you were anti-government or something? :?

haha, no no no.

I dont like Bush too much, but i was cheering for him in both elections... ESPECIALLY during the Kerry election, cant stand that man (no offense to anyone, thats just my opinion).

I don't like government(CONGRESS) at all, but I'm not one who screams "ANARCHY!!" or anything. Anarchist need think more about what they're really asking for, before they chant it... thank you Sex Pistols for preaching ignorance.

I firmly believe a country needs authority to work, because without it chaos would erupted everywhere, and more crimes would be committed, woman and children would get beating and raped, and NO one would would be able to stop any of it, bcuz there are no rules... Frightens me greatly.

I'm not a Democrat nor Republican (i say), but i do lean to Republican more than Democrat. but i am open minded and i do try to listen to what everyone in their parties have to say even if i don't like them too much. I still dont think a government should be divided in different parties. Causes people to fight more and more and criticizes whom ever.

I wont know who, I'm going to vote for until the final debate comes... Doesn't matter anyways, bcuz our votes don't count. Fucking "Electoral College" gets the last say-so... Pisses me off.

There are a lot of things i disagree with about US government, but i wont pull a (V) and bomb it(CONGRESS) to shreds.

What pisses me off the most about our government. is how they get the say-so on what gender can marry what gender. Marriage (imo) is formed out of whatever religion/your "beliefs" are, and if we ARE giving Freedom of "Religion" (and the right to everything else they TELL us), the government should NOT forbid anyone they're own right.
Last edited by JenR on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JenR

Postby Shantih » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Having different parties in government is one of the core principles of democracy today. What good could come of merging them? How would the people express what they want from their government?
Shantih

Postby Extreme Allah » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Dazza wrote:Hillary would be a step up (well you are on the bottom rung of the ladder after all) but she's so calculating and fake, even by presidential candidate standards.

As much as I hate Bush (hell, signed my last career into illegality for no determinable reason), and as much as I hate America's government, the bottom rung isn't even in sight. Things are about to get way, WAY worse.

Also, just because I hate America doesn't mean there's a government better. At least not that I'm aware of. Believe me, I've looked into moving, and your countries are all rubbish as well.

I don't think a Democrat is going to help anything, either. Instead of reversing any of the previous presidential injustices (Patriot Act, et al), a (D) will simply go to work adding additional ones, to to further HIS (probably not her) agenda. The best we can hope for is a president too inept to do anything at all. You know, like the Senate.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Apathy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 pm

lets all live in a commune together
Apathy

Next

Return to Off-Topic