Happy Happy Joy Joy

Anything Goes

Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:47 am

Hey, I know I've taken my share of shits on Shakespeare to be like a level ten hipster, but this is shockingly awesome:
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 am

Wow he should totally do voice over on audiobooks.
quick_wit

Postby quick_wit » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:59 am

Dazza wrote:Yeah, it's a call each person has to make. It may hinder job prospects for example. But really, the only way to effect change is for people in whatever closet they are in, to come out. Doing so makes it easier for the next person and so on.

Unless you're in Bangladesh, in which case stay the fuck in that closet!

I just realized that I got the courage to say that I was an agnostic leaning into atheism from the Religion thread eons ago when Kazuya (?) was still around and you guys debated with that crazy Nescafe (?). I was a bit shaking and nervous when I posted in the thread because that was the first time I actually admitted my doubts. Catholic guilt is powerful. But now am not on the fence anymore.
quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:48 pm

What's going on here, to anyone who doesn't remember their Hamlet, is that Hamlet's father was killed, and basically he feels guilty that he isn't more worked up and raged out over his father (a king) being murdered, and is watching an actor perform something about a mythical dead king (I forget what; Hecuba was a mythological Trojan women from various stories). Basically, he feels guilty that this actor is able to muster passion over nothing while he is frozen over his father's death. Or so I recall. It's more complicated than that, though, because Hamlet is a fag.

I'm going to start using "I'll fat the region kites with your offal!" as my new "fuck you."
Extreme Allah

Postby quick_wit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:28 pm

its almost 3 am in the morning and I finally figured out how to play Do You by Miguel, fuck you barre chords.
quick_wit

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 am

When I started learning, I was confident that my index finger was shaped wrong and that barre chords would never be possible. Just keep practicing, they'll become effortless and natural.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:08 pm

A bit random but I saw Clare Danes yesterday. At a market in Cape Town. I snapped a bad snap from behind cos I didn't want to get into her space. She looked very normal and seemed to be having a good time with her family.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby quick_wit » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Finally got my guitar strings replaced, one broke on me all of a sudden. Just realized that they were kinda rusty all this time.

If you're searching for cheap in-ear headphones I highly recommend the Panasonic ergo fit. They're frickin' awesome for an earbud in a price range where most of 'em sound like hearing through a tin can.

Here's what I learned: friendships get destroyed when you ruin people's expectations or image in their heads about who you should be. There's a great quote about this in Lolita by Humbert.

My wounds are healed. The scars are awful but just really glad that my feet aren't a bloody mess anymore.
Last edited by quick_wit on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quick_wit

Postby quick_wit » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:29 pm

I've been getting a lot of job interview requests lately which I didn't expect, thanks to the power of a well crafted resume.
quick_wit

Postby quick_wit » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:40 pm

I got a new job! :lol:
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 pm

That's awesome. Congrats!

I had a great holiday with Rachel so I guess that should be mentioned. It was cool to meet someone I've known for so long and thankfully we got on really well and got to see a lot of what Cape Town has to offer.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby quick_wit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:52 pm

The regulars here ought to meet someday. I'd love to go outside of Asia, but the main problem is getting a visa (and money of course). It's such a hassle here in my country. Hopefully one day you'll see that I'm not just a pole dancing chicken :wink:

Thanks Daz.I got less than two weeks left and I can't wait to leave my job.

Headed on a road trip this weekend!
quick_wit

Previous

Return to Off-Topic