Anything Goes

Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy

Postby Frank » Thu May 23, 2013 5:08 am

Lucky you :D
The german Natalie Portman Fanpage: http://www.portman-natalie.net
Frank

Postby Axwell » Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Herzwerk R.o.D wrote:I'm just back from Benjamin's new ballet at the Théâtre du Châtelet (Paris).

At some point, my friend said: "Hey look, Natalie's over there." So I replied: "Ahah, very funny." Then I looked, just in case.

And she was absolutelly gorgeous, with a Dior dress. She looked so tiny, like a doll. But very big ears :lol: (I'm quite ashamed I noticed that).

Now, I kinda want to jump and yell, but I guess my neighbours wouldn't like it.

You lucky bastard.....
Axwell

Postby quick_wit » Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Cool Herz, meanwhile, I got a picture of Natalie from my friend when she went to New York and it turned out to be a perfume ad of Keira Knightly.
quick_wit

Postby Dazza » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Put together my new PC. Can't believe I was without one for 2 months. Feels goooood. Now just need to get that alarm system...come to think of it, I probably should have gotten that first....
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm picking out glasses. My instinct is to get Warby Parkers, but there is also the probability that I will look like Justin Townes Earle crossed with Adam from Girls.
euphoriac wrote:I have been strikingly attracted to natalie since I saw Leon.
Extreme Allah

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Congratx, D.

What OS are you running? I don't hate W8, tbh.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 am

Windows 8. I really missed it.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:13 pm

I have it on my school laptop, and even with its little annoyances, it's realistically my favorite OS. I could pretend I love Ubuntu, but I honestly haven't booted it since December.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 pm

New edit I did is now free to share. Think this one will touch you deep inside, Allah.

http://vimeo.com/68128593
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

I picture Obama sitting at the desk in the Oval Office, typing away on a cheap i3 laptop, personally going through people's browser histories. I like to think mine is one he pauses on and calls in a couple secret service buddies to laugh at.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Rachel wrote:The mental image is giving me so much life rn

Can you guys genuinely explain what makes Windows 8 so great? Outside of the aesthetic, I haven't really been all that impressed with what I've seen. :\ I feel like I'm missing something.

Fuck the aesthetic. It's not about that for me. It's about the desktop side of things which is like windows 7 but better. Not massively better, just like windows 7.5. It's the little things like when you click dismount a USB stick it dismounts. Every. Time. No delay, no "sorry it's busy" "no it's not" "uh...we think it is". It's having decent security so I don't need to install 3rd part programs that hate each other. It's seeing an ISO and being able to mount it right just a right click, again, no 3rd party solutions. It's the awesome file copy graph that I watch with rapt attention for some strange reason. And of course who copying over many files at once is much less of a hassle. And the task manager which is so good I almost pray for things to be going wrong so I can use it. And the file explorer ribbon that was confusing at first but now is starting to shortcut so many things I do. Being able to PRINT SCREEN and have it automatically do just that and drop the image into your library. Being able to have windows refresh itself if something has gone horribly wrong, keeping all your files, settings and the like. The file history backup solution which allows you to roll back a document or picture that got corrupted or accidentally deleted, haven't used it yet but heard it works and will make life a lot easier when I'm editing and writing.

Finally, windows 8.1. It's taken long enough but they are now listening to their users and rolling out free upgrades to the OS that make it even better.

I could go on and on. I mean the real key is it's smaller, faster and more secure. The downside is there are some things that aren't where you're used to, and the start menu apps aren't for everyone...they don't mesh particularly well with the desktop "app". Although it looks like 8.1 will be taking some strides to improve that.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:45 am

Dazza wrote:
Rachel wrote:The mental image is giving me so much life rn

Can you guys genuinely explain what makes Windows 8 so great? Outside of the aesthetic, I haven't really been all that impressed with what I've seen. :\ I feel like I'm missing something.

Fuck the aesthetic. It's not about that for me. It's about the desktop side of things which is like windows 7 but better. Not massively better, just like windows 7.5. It's the little things like when you click dismount a USB stick it dismounts. Every. Time. No delay, no "sorry it's busy" "no it's not" "uh...we think it is". It's having decent security so I don't need to install 3rd part programs that hate each other. It's seeing an ISO and being able to mount it right just a right click, again, no 3rd party solutions. It's the awesome file copy graph that I watch with rapt attention for some strange reason. And of course who copying over many files at once is much less of a hassle. And the task manager which is so good I almost pray for things to be going wrong so I can use it. And the file explorer ribbon that was confusing at first but now is starting to shortcut so many things I do. Being able to PRINT SCREEN and have it automatically do just that and drop the image into your library. Being able to have windows refresh itself if something has gone horribly wrong, keeping all your files, settings and the like. The file history backup solution which allows you to roll back a document or picture that got corrupted or accidentally deleted, haven't used it yet but heard it works and will make life a lot easier when I'm editing and writing.

Finally, windows 8.1. It's taken long enough but they are now listening to their users and rolling out free upgrades to the OS that make it even better.

I could go on and on. I mean the real key is it's smaller, faster and more secure. The downside is there are some things that aren't where you're used to, and the start menu apps aren't for everyone...they don't mesh particularly well with the desktop "app". Although it looks like 8.1 will be taking some strides to improve that.

I'm a tad less enthusiastic than you, but I will basically sign my name to this.

The start menu and interface are one quick thing that turns people off, but they are not issues for me. And past that, there are just a million little subtle things that I like. The mounting of isos naively is a small thing, but it's sort of awesome. The screen capping...it's just nice.
Extreme Allah

Postby Dazza » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, for me the game changing stuff is like "shrug, okay" and the small supposedly inconsequential things are like "hell yeah!"

Still, Rach was talking about the price and personally it's just not worth that much. I would don my pirate hat if I hadn't gotten win 8 for a really good deal last year.
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Dazza » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:51 pm

How about Ebay. Here is a bid with 2 days left and it's only at 10 bucks. And the seller has a 99.9% positive rating.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windo ... 43bcd5fb3b
Dazza
Site Admin

Postby Extreme Allah » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Honestly, I've never even thought about upgrading an OS just to upgrade it. Someone gave me a W7 licence so I used it when I reformatted an old XP system, but I never would have paid to do that, and wouldn't have even installed it had I not needed to wipe anyway. But I'm a lazy Jew.
Extreme Allah

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic