Natalie News Thread

All things Natalie

Re: Natalie News Thread

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Preview: Oprah Winfrey hosts panel on impact of Time's Up campaign:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/preview-oprah-winfrey-hosts-panel-on-impact-of-times-up-campaign/

Some of the most prominent women in Hollywood open up to Oprah Winfrey about the impact of the Time's Up campaign on raising awareness of sexual harassment in the workplace, and what they'd like to see in the future, in a revealing discussion to be broadcast on CBS' "Sunday Morning" January 14.

Actresses America Ferrera, Natalie Portman, Tracee Ellis-Ross and Reese Witherspoon, producer Shonda Rimes ("Scandal"), Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and attorney Nina Shaw gathered with Winfrey in Pasadena, California, earlier this week to talk about the efforts to bring change to how women are treated in the entertainment industry and around the world.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Full CBS Sunday Morning Video:

Last edited by Belerofonte on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belerofonte

Postby thevoid99 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Time's Up and Me Too is bullshit.

It's a movement that started out for the right reasons and it's now becoming a witch hunt. Honestly, it's not going to change anything. What happens if someone is accused of rape and sexual assault and ended up proving to be innocent? Is this what they would want to happen?

I understand that women should be getting equal pay and should no longer be victims for these atrocities but this isn't the right way to do this.
"I wanna be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal from "Secretary"
thevoid99

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Weird to see Portman there in regards to Woody Allen, didn't she sign that Free Polanski petition?! Anyway, he's probably "done" for real.
lightscamerareaction.co.uk
LightsCameraReaction

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Well... Probably ... maybe she could change her mind? (Like many others who signed that petition, such as Spielberg, Meryl Streep, Harrison Ford, Scorsese ...). We must remember that the "redemption" of Polanski had a fairly large movement ten years ago (he won an Oscar for best direction for "The pianist" five years earlier). A lot has happened since then ...

I suppose that she will be asked about it in an interview at some point, and clarify her position...
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis and Viola Davis Join Women's March Los Angeles' 2018 Line-Up:

http://www.etonline.com/natalie-portman-mila-kunis-and-viola-davis-join-womens-march-los-angeles-2018-line-94477

On Wednesday, it was announced that Viola Davis, Natalie Portman, Elizabeth Banks, Allison Janney, Connie Britton, Sarah Hyland, Mila Kunis, Eva Longoria, Ellen Barkin, Rob Reiner, and Mary Steenburgen, along with performers Andy Grammer and Keala Settle, will take the stage at Women's March Los Angeles on Jan. 20.
Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Natalie Portman on ‘Lady Bird’: ‘I’ve Wanted to See This Movie for the Past 20 Years’:

http://variety.com/2018/film/in-contention/natalie-portman-lady-bird-greta-gerwig-1202669580/
Belerofonte

Postby thevoid99 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Someone sent her a rape fantasy story when she was a kid?

Oh that does it. I'm going to kill some fascist dickheads. Not just for Natalie but for all ladies. BULLET CLUB FTW!!!!!
thevoid99

Postby Belerofonte » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Belerofonte

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:35 pm

How exciting!!

I hope she does another rap..
LightsCameraReaction

Postby LightsCameraReaction » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:35 pm

How exciting!!

LightsCameraReaction

Postby thevoid99 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 pm

LightsCameraReaction wrote:How exciting!!

INDEED And remember, it's PO'TMAN MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!!
thevoid99

Postby Away With The Pixies » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:31 am

https://medium.com/@natalieportman/that ... e2bd09db8c

An article by Natalie on desire for medium.com. She reiterates the point from her speech at the Women's march.
Away With The Pixies

Postby Belerofonte » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Belerofonte

Postby Belerofonte » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:40 pm

'Star Wars' Producer Allison Shearmur Mourned by Natalie Portman, Kathleen Kennedy as "Brilliant Mind and Generous Spirit":

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ge-1077851

Natalie Portman, who wrote and directed A Tale of Love and Darkness, which Shearmur executive produced:

"It's hard to even write this because it means I have to acknowledge that one of the warmest, brightest, most energetic people I've ever encountered in this industry, is no longer with us. I was so lucky to have Alli exec produce my first film as a director. She built up my confidence, enveloped me in Jewish mommy warmth and made everything work, all the time. She would tell people when introducing me that I was 'the first person to call her about a job' after she left Lionsgate to go out on her own, as if I were doing her a favor, as opposed to the truth: that she was doing me the biggest favor. She gave her precious time, brilliant mind and generous spirit to produce a low-budget foreign film by a first-time director after making some of the biggest hits of our era. She held meetings in her kitchen, surrounded by her children's beautiful artwork hung on a clothesline, and called me 'Cookie,' while giving the most incisive notes on script and edit. She was an inspiration as a woman who could lead so vigorously in her career and simultaneously be the most loving and involved wife and mother. She didn't have a conversation with me ever that didn't involve some mention about her wonderful husband, Ed, and her two children, Immy and Anthony. To them, I send all my love at this unimaginable moment."
Belerofonte

PreviousNext

Return to Natalie Portman