The unofficial weird/great/stupid questions thread

Anything Goes

Postby plop » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:44 am

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:
buttsie wrote:Their too busy talking to the babies :twisted:

I thought the Dingos ate the babies?

No, mate. Clone saved the babies. With the help of the aliens.

Edit: The last information assures that there are pictures and footage, but the goverment is keeping those to avoid having to give explanations. :wink:
"The heart has reasons that reason can not understand" Blaise Pascal :D
plop

Postby plop » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:05 am

Do we shoot them down? They can cross the galaxy and they fall to our technology? Seriously, stop watching so many times every day "ID4".

Joking, joking.
plop

Postby plop » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:10 am

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:I thinkwe can shoot them down because the stuff tehy send to us is disposable.. like they look like aliens but they are just little biological probes.. little disposable UFOs.. haha

I think that, even if they don't have a monetary economy, they still have to handle an economy, about resources and so. To travel several light years to send disposables probes again and again is the dumbest thing ever. :P
plop

Postby plop » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:44 am

Even to reproduce, that technology needs materials, and means to process them in order to obtain the desired products. And to develop inteligents probes to send them to almost suicide... I still can't see it. I can admit they are almost emotionless and feel no fear, and therefore can admit a "reasonable" amount of risk. But not a waste of resources, as ti would be to send them to be destruyed until we stopped killing them.

I guess, if they dedicate their time to explore, they have better strategies of operational performance.
plop

Postby plop » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:53 pm

Hmmm... I am all for thinking that they have resolved many of our troubles and limitations. But, if we can use a paralelism with our own History, we can resolve many problems that, before, were impossible to resolve. Still, be need more resources to do that, and to process them better and better.

So, possibly, for them is the same. They may need critical resources that aren't that abundant. The more advanced, the more expensive.
plop

Postby Kazuya » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:19 pm

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:-the government hiding their knowledge of aliens
Extremely unlikely. Every greater nation has spies everywhere. During the cold war, the soviet union managed for quiet some time, to intrude the CIA and have spies in top positions. So it would not only be the US, but also the russian government, both aware of aliens. But nothing was leaked during 1989/1990, so it seems unlikely.

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:-these "flying saucers" are humans from the future looking back on earth like archeologists
Ah, timetravel. This is from a physicists point of view even less likely then the alien from outer space theory.

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:-the government is creating this whole thing for their own purposes

-this is all disinformation for the goverment to protect their own top secret technology

- this is ALL disinformation
That could very well be the case. I saw a documentary on discovery channel dealing with alien stories. The final conclusion was, that at that time the US government was most likely to hide the fact, that they were working with scientists from Nazi Germany and the stories of aliens from outer space did a very good job to distract from this taboo issue.
I'm a dude you don't know and I approve this message.
Kazuya

Postby buttsie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:24 pm

So the bermuda triangle is actually a giant resort surrounded by an invisibility barrier where the rich & powerful do what they will?

Just a smokescreen for where you make people disappear from one name to their new identity?
buttsie

Postby Kazuya » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:29 pm

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:Who knows.. they can probably even create one resource from another.. chances are if we can imagine anything technologically they can do it.

When you have technology that great nothing is limited.. everything is unlimited.
No.
Try to build that.
Kazuya

Postby Kazuya » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:33 pm

buttsie wrote:So the bermuda triangle is actually a giant resort surrounded by an invisibility barrier where the rich & powerful do what they will?

Just a smokescreen for where you make people disappear from one name to their new identity?
Not exactly. My conspiracy theory is, that Kurt Cobain rules over this part in an attempt to start the reunion of Nirvana with Elvis Presley as a background singer. I just haven't figured out yet, what part the Nazis are playing in it. Every good conspiracy theory has Nazis in it.
Kazuya

Postby buttsie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Its the easy thing to do isn't it.The nazis disappeared to the 4 corners of the globe so their everywhere.The irony is that could be any of us under the right/wrong circumstances

Its all mental

Elvis a backing singer for Nirvana...KFC advert?
buttsie

Postby Kazuya » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:27 pm

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:You can build that.. real world optical illusions are common..
I know that this is an optical ilusion. But you can't build it. Take three wooden sticks and try to assemble them like in the picture and find out, that this nasty space will prevent you from doing the task. Or "imagine" a pendulum in empty space starting to vibrate all by itself and then start to swing wider and wider and finally starting to revolve. Will there ever be such a pendulum in the real world. No, and this is a statement, that I can make with absolute certainty. And as Immanuel Kant once pointed out: "Just to imagine something has no consequences for what we call reality."

PERFECTaNATomy wrote:
Ah, timetravel. This is from a physicists point of view even less likely then the alien from outer space theory.

Careful.. you might look silly one day. The scientists of the day at one time thought the world was flat and all the planets orbited Earth... I am sure at one time no one thought aircraft would be as immense as theya re now.. and I myself had no idea personal computers would be such a huge part of our lives.. and I grew up with them...
I wouldn't dare to call people who do not stick to the scientific method, "scientists". The big difference between the people of that time and todays scientists is, that scientists use measurments and observations to create modells that attempt to explain reallity. A simple and well know observation is the one of Isaak Newton observing an apple falling down from a tree. He concluded that there must be a force pulling this apple down. He thought that this force was caused by mass. Thanks to Albert Einstein, we know that this is not really the case. It is more accurate to say that the universe pushes the apple towards the earth. Even if Einstein is wrong and there is another theory that hasn't been developed yet, that is absolutely accurate. This theory can not break with the observation. It still has to explain why the apple moves towards the earth (or the earth moving towards the apple). This theory can never and really NEVER explain that the apple "falls" upwards, flies some circles and finally stays at a fixed point. Why can it not explain that? Because that is not what we observe. (By the way this would be another example for the first point. Design a tree by genetic engineering or whatever, that produces upward falling apples.)

So now to the final point. There are observations that make timetravel into the past impossible. The first is: timedilatation and the second: lengthcontraction or also called Lorentzcontraction. Because of those two observable effects, it is impossible to travel backwards in time. The special theory of relativity explains that there is a maximum speed with which "effect" can travel through space. And with that, travel through time. Travelling backwards in time would require an infinite amount of energy. Even if you imagine a machine that is capable of creating energy, to power a vessel to acclerate to speed of light, this power machine would dissolve itself and everything in the universe. An infinite amount of energy output would also create an infinite amount of heat. This heat would disrupt everything, molecules, atome, neutrons, protons, quarks and so on. There is no way, because of what we observe.
Kazuya

Postby plop » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:03 am

"To the present state of science" i think is the expression. As much as is known now, those things are impossible.
plop

Postby vessel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:19 am

Science is a paradox to me. I know that 'good science' follows strict rules, evidence that is overriding, but I find that sometimes it takes a radical idea or concept to further things beyond our current assumptions. As cheesy and illogical as this sounds, I retain a sense that anything is possible, until proven otherwise. More philosophical than scientific. I love science, and apply scientific method to many things, but I always found that sometimes throughout our history it's the people on the fringe who really push things forward. So, without too much of either extreme, I believe to be a good scientist you have to keep your mind and heart open, and not push too far in either direction. Too many good quotes to list about popular assumptions, and how they are a detriment to progress, but like I said it needs to be in constant balance to really make progress.
vessel

Postby plop » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:48 am

I like the word "paradox". :D
plop

Postby greash » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:50 am

Same. It use to be my email. :) :)
Some people will offer you their hand and some won't
Last night I knew you, tonight I don't
I need somethin' strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind
greash